Sandy is a combination of lived life experience, education and credentials wrapped up in a warm and caring individual focused on helping others achieve personal growth and happiness within an ever-changing world.
During a high tech corporate career in marketing and strategic business planning, Sandy balanced family and child-raising pressures with the stresses of building a successful management career in a fast paced and competitive environment.
Sandy brings together undergraduate studies in sociology, political science, psychology and theology with graduate studies and clinical work in individual counselling with additional training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples and families. Sandy is focused on achieving a better understanding of the societal pressures on us, as well as the emotional, analytical and spiritual resources that individuals can call upon to improve their relationships, understand and cope better in their world with strategies that work!
Sandy has chosen to have her practice supervised by a registered clinical psychologist, and is a member of, and certified by, the Canadian Counselling Association.
- Canadian Counselling Association
- Certificate of Theology, Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology & Political Science, Carleton University, Ottawa
- Master of Arts, Counselling, Saint Paul University, Ottawa
- Canadian Certified Counsellor, Canadian Counselling Association